- Scroll up and down the main note list screen with the 5-way controller to select the desired note. Notes are displayed in reverse chronological order, starting from the one that was created or edited last.
- Press Menu and select ‘New Note’.
- To delete a note, move the cursor over it and then press Menu, choose ‘Delete Note’. Or select the note and press the Del key.
- Press the Text Options key (Aa) to sort the note list by name or last change date/time.
- Press the Aa (Text option) key to change font sizes and control whether the number legend is displayed.
- Use the SYM button to select special characters (or numbers, if necessary).
- Shift + 5-way Right moves to the next word.
- Shift + 5-way Left moves to the previous word.
- Shift + 5-way Down moves to the end of the current line.
- Shift + 5-way Up moves to the beginning of the current line.
- Shift + Next Page will take you to the end of your document (same as the “Go to bottom” menu option).
- Shift + Prev Page will go to the top (same as “Go to top” menu option).
- Shift + Del deletes the word to the left of the cursor.
- Alt + S saves the current note, but remains in the editor (same as “Save” menu option).
- Alt + X saves and closes the current note (same as “Save and exit” menu option).
- Use the “Save as new note” menu option to create a copy of the current note.
The symbols dialog provides an expanded set of useful characters and symbols. However, TakeNote provides a few handy shortcut keys to quickly enter some common symbols without using the symbols dialog:
- Shift + . (period key) enters the bullet point character (•)
- Shift + / enters a comma **
- Alt + . enters a double quote (“)
- Alt + / enters a single quote (‘) **
Note: The Shift + / and Alt + / shortcuts do not apply to Kindle devices that do not have a dedicated “/” key – i.e. the third generation 6” Kindle.